___________________________

___________________________
The Love that Surrounds Me 1 & 2. Diptych 36" x 36" ea

Friday, September 2, 2011

San Juan Islands Commission

I recently finished a diptych (two piece painting) for a couple who have a cabin in the San Juan Islands.  They wanted a painting that resembled the view they have from their living room window:




After thinking for a while about how I could come up with a composition with trees, beach, mountains and ocean, I drew up a simple sketch that met with their approval:


and I began the painting(s). 






The finished piece: 


 "Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon"                                              36" x 72" (36x36 ea) 

 They were very pleased with the painting and were kind enough to send me a photo of how it looks hanging above their fireplace:


I enjoyed tackling a new composition idea and working with people who allowed me to be as creative as I needed to be.  (Thanks J & C!)

10 comments:

Edgeworth Johnstone said...

Brilliant work, and interesting to see how it was made.

CHRISSANDRA UNGER said...

Thank you Edgeworth!

Pa Ul said...

Great pieces.

CHRISSANDRA UNGER said...

Thank you Pa UI!

ARTBLOGSFORALL.COM said...

WOW! we love your work. You should join us

canvas prints said...

really love your art

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Ric said...

Awesome works of art! I love your style!

CHRISSANDRA UNGER said...

Thanks everyone!! :)

Jyoti said...

Awesome art blog :)lovely work :) I really liked it <3 I am glad I found you. lets follow each other? I also have a fine art blog, hope you like it. Have a look at my art blog: http://www.fineartandyou.com/