___________________________

___________________________
The Love that Surrounds Me 1 & 2. Diptych 36" x 36" ea

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Painting Samples


After browsing through Whistler art galleries and giving out my info and photo brochures, I found that trying to explain what it is that I exactly do, can produce blank looks on some people's faces. I started thinking that I need better verbal skills, and also a better visual description.
Idea: I am going to make mini tile size samples of my work.

Because my work is so textured, it's difficult for me to take properly detailed photos, so this seems like a good alternative in visual explanation... hopefully alleviating some of the confusion that the verbal explanation can leave!
Now that I've had a great cup of coffee,
"Coffee Break" 12x12 $295
I'm going down to my workshop to cut up some 4"x6" pieces of the wood I use to work on. Then... off to my studio to get started on the next steps!

No comments: